Plan Your Evening
Tips on travel and how to best enjoy your evening in Balboa Park during The Vine Affair on June 2, 2017.
Proud to partner with Lyft, select a VIP ticket and also receive 30% off a Lyft ride to and from Balboa Park.*
Ticketing and Information
We recommend purchasing your tickets online before June 2nd. You will receive a Vine Affair exclusive ticket in your email prior to the event. Please be sure to bring this ticket and not your Eventbrite ticket to the event.
After you have your tickets, you are welcome to check-in and start your evening at any of the five tasting galleries in Balboa Park. Please have you ID on you throughout the night, as it may be checked at each gallery.
Each tasting gallery will have a unique theme and selection of wine, craft beers, and tastes. Your ticket gives you access to all the following tasting galleries. Be sure to visit each!
- Fleet Science Center – Tasting Gallery V – Sherlock Holmes
- San Diego History Center – Tasting Gallery IV – Schmooze with Us
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum – Tasting Gallery III – Mid-Century Modern
- Conservancy presented by The Prado – Tasting Gallery II – Taste of Spain
- San Diego Art Institute – Tasting Gallery I – Eclectic Tastes
Travel & Parking
Balboa Park can be accessed from most major freeways, however we understand that driving and parking can be difficult during major events. We recommend carpooling and parking at Inspiration Point, then taking the green tram into the heart of the Park. Tram hours of operation are 9:00 AM-8:00 PM. Click here for a Google Map to Balboa Park.
You can also visit Balboa Park using the Metropolitan Transit System (MTS), with easy access from the Downtown and Mission Valley areas.
- Click here for a map of the bus and trolley systems servicing downtown, the airport, and Balboa Park.
- Review the times for route Routes 120 (Fashion Valley), Route 7 (Smart Corner) and Rapid 215, which are the main bus routes through Balboa Park.
- For information and custom transportation routes to Balboa Park, visit San Diego Commute or dial 511. You’ll be given the option of selecting transit routes that are: the fastest; have the fewest transfers; or have the least amount of walking.
Musical performances and live art displays will take place throughout the event. Visit our Art & Music page for more information about the artists, performers, and exhibitions that will be on display.
Included in your ticket purchase to The Vine Affair are wine education sessions. RSVPs to wine education sessions will be emailed to ticket purchasers prior to the event. PLEASE NOTE: Doors close five (5) minutes after each session begins. Seating is limited and pre-registration is preferred but, pending capacity, may not be required.
SAN DIEGO HISTORY CENTER
VIP ONLY | BLIND TASTING by Maurice DiMarino
5:15 PM | San Diego History Center
Learn from master sommelier, Maurice DiMarino, who will guide you through a blind tasting and help you discern the nuances in a wine. VIP tickets only.
MEADIOCRITY MEAD by Mark Oberle
6:15 PM | San Diego History Center
Taste mead and learn about the emerging honey-based wine industry from San Diego meadmaker Mark Oberle. Save the bees and drink mead.
LUKE’S LEAP WINES by Luke Bramon
7:15 PM | San Diego History Center
Enjoy tastings while learning the basics of viticulture, the science, production, and study of grapes, with Luke Bramon, a specialist in vineyard management.
PARDON MY FRENCH by Eric & Lindsey Fillion
8:15 PM | San Diego History Center
Taste how the flavors of wine and chocolate shift and meld together with the husband and wife duo from the French-Fusion restaurant, Pardon My French.
FLEET SCIENCE CENTER
GIANNI BUONOMO VINTNERS by Keith Rolle
6:15 PM | Fleet Science Center
The Pacific Northwest meets sunny San Diego as winemaker Keith Rolle brings world-class Washington wine grapes to Southern California.
DOCG IMPORTS by Marina “Nina” Snow
7:15 PM | Fleet Science Center
A unique taste of Italy awaits with Nina Snow of DOCG Imports. Be guided through tastings of Italy’s unique varieties of wine.
* VIP ticket purchasers will receive a discount code valid only on June 2, 2017; for 30% off a Lyft ride to and from Balboa Park. Maximum discount per ride is $5.
tickets on sale now!
The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Our tax ID# is 20-0857447. Proceeds from this event benefit participating institutions.